The UniLED 24v System
Our unique UniLED 24v System must be one of the easiest lighting systems in the world, and offers commercial grade products for the domestic market. Some of our lights have been used on:
- Diglis Footbridge
- The O2 Dome
- Torquay Harbour
and many more projects, and are proven to stand up to the most challenging of environments.
The lights in the UniLED system simply daisy chain together using Plug & Play connections which are IP67 rated. When the seal is formed they are completely dust and water resistant. These connections make the system easier than ever to install, meaning everything is DIY friendly and no electrician is required.
What Does IP67 Mean?
IP stands for “Ingress Protection” and classifies the degrees of protection provided against the intrusion of solids and liquids. The numbers afterwards are then broken down into 2 digits:
- The first digit classifies the Solids protection. In this case, we have the number 6 first which means it is Dust Tight – No ingress of dust; complete protection against contact.
- The second digit classifies the Liquids protection. The number 7 means it is protected for Immersion up to 1 metre – Ingress of water in harmful quantity shall not be possible when the enclosure is immersed in water under defined conditions of pressure and time (up to 1 metre of submersion).
A handy chart can be viewed HERE.
What are the benefits?
As well as being easy to install, the UniLED 24v System is also low energy so you won’t have to worry about high electricity charges. The Power Supply Units convert the system from 240v to 24v, ensuring there are no voltage drop issues – even when lighting up to 60 metres away. The smallest Dart Light and Deck Light use just 0.5 watts of energy, and the biggest lights The Victory and The Belfast use 24 watts of energy. This is less than an average household bulb, but they are powerful enough to illuminate an entire building! To put things into perspective, the 60 Watt Power Supply Unit can run up to 120 Deck Lights and this would use just a fraction more energy than a single 40 watt light bulb! It really is that good!
Why should I buy it?
The UniLED 24v System has many lights to choose from so there really is something for everyone, and you can even add accessories such as a remote control unit or dusk to dawn sensor to have full control of your lighting. The bigger lights can also be used as a security light to add safety and security during the evenings.
Here’s a quick re-cap:
- 24 Volt – Ensuring there are no voltage drop issues even when lighting up to 60 metres away from the power supply.
- Easy plug and play cables – No electrician is required for fitting!
- High quality IP67 sure seal connectors.
- Inexpensive to run with most lights requiring just 1 watt of energy.
- Versatile and easy to add on to – Build your system over time.
- Maintenance free.
If you would like to install the system, or simply need some more advice please feel free to contact us or visit either of our stores at De Beers Garden Centre, Kidderminster or Earlswood Garden and Landscape Centre, Solihull.